Graduate Funding Opportunities
The USUSA Graduate Enhancement Award is an award meant to support the outstanding graduate students at USU who have consistently shown a track record of excellence. The award is granted to twenty students per funding cycle (this year, 40 students to represent two cycles) that show a history of using the knowledge gained through educational opportunities to contribute to USU campus, local and national communities, and their professional field to foster lasting change. All full-time graduate students can apply, even if you are graduating this year.
Requirements for this award are as follows:
- Eligible applicants are full-time, matriculated graduate students in good standing (this includes former recipients)
- Applicants must submit a signed PDF letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor
- Applicants must submit an unofficial USU graduate transcript
- Applicants must submit a 500-word essay for the following prompt:
In 500 words or less, explain how you have used knowledge gained through coursework or research to contribute to the Utah State University campus, local and national communities, and your professional field since you stared your graduate education at Utah State University. This section is an opportunity to showcase what separates you from other candidates. High quality candidates will have used their education in experiences that go above and beyond their required coursework and research work to give back to the community and foster lasting change.
How to apply:
- To apply for the Graduate Enhancement Award, follow the APPLY HERE link below and log in with your student ID to AwardSpring, a new platform that the university is using to manage university scholarships and grants.
- Fill out and submit the application. After submitting, scholarships and grants for which you are eligible will appear under your Dashboard. Here you should find the GEA award listed under "SA Graduate Enhancement". You may go back and edit your application after submitting.
- Click on SA Graduate Enhancement to enter your 500 word essay and upload required materials. *Note: the question on higher education is not directly related to the Graduate Enhancement Award but serves as a general prompt in the case of a tie breaker.
- Submit the application under the SA Graduate Enhancement Award
Application due date: March 15th, 2019 at 11:59 pm
- Forty Recipients • $4000.00 award
- Apply Here
- For more information, please contact the Graduate Director
In the spring of 2016, the Student Involvement and Leadership Center partnered with the Office of Research and Graduate Studies to transform the existing Utah State University Student Association Research and Projects Award program to the Graduate Research and Creative Opportunities (GRCO) Grant Program. GRCO, funded by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, was established in 2016 to support worthy independent student projects that advance a student’s professional development and contributes to the scientific community
Projects will be evaluated by both faculty members and graduate students from your respective fields of study. Excellent proposals will be concise, clear, descriptive, persuasive, and easy to follow. The grants are awarded to high quality projects.
Applications open: May 22nd, 2018 at 7 am
Application due: June 15th, 2018 at 11:59 pm
- At least twelve recipients • Up to $1000 award
- For more information, please contact the Graduate Senator
Applications can be found at grco.usu.edu/apply