Sorority Recruitment: September 10-14, 2018
Registration for Fall 2018 is now open!
Sorority life offers so much: friendship, leadership, service, social events and more! It is a home away from home for many young women. It is a place to grow and mature. It provides leadership development and philanthropic opportunities. Your sorority sisters become your support network. You can lean on them for help. You rely on them to get you through good times and bad. You support each other. And you change and grow to become a better person because of them. Joining a sorority is not only going to enrich your college experience; it’s going to provide you with the foundation for a successful life after college.
Why become a part of Sorority Life at Utah State University?
- You will have plenty of rich experiences to add to your resume after graduation.
- Academic achievement is emphasize by providing the right atmosphere and encouraging good study habits.
- You will have many opportunities to expand your friend circle and become more connected with our diverse campus through our Fraternity and Sorority Life Community.
- You have opportunities to do community service, philanthropy events, and volunteer on and off campus.
- You get paired with a mentor that will keep you keep you accountable both academically and socially.
- You experience the Aggie Spirit from a new perspective!
- You gain experience planning small and large scale events through your chapter.
- You gain a support system while attending college.
- Through your organization you will cultivate strong leadership skills and expand those skills onto campus clubs, organizations and student body positions.
- You grow as a person AND gain new life skills that will help you beyond your years at college.
- You will develop lifelong friendships that grow strong through common experiences and remain true over years to come.
- Through your alumnae you will gain an expansive network of professionals after college.
If these aspects of Sorority Life interest you, then we suggested giving sorority recruitment a try! Going through sorority recruitment here at Utah State is a fun and exciting experience that gives you the opportunity to gain a home away from home. Every chapter is different, but sorority members are involved in almost every capacity on campus: from intramural sports to USUSA positions, leaders of clubs and organizations to Resident Assistants, being ambassadors for the university to running Supplemental Instruction sessions as a Teaching Assistant, sorority women do all this and so much more! On top of that, each sorority individually host events to raise money for local and national charities and volunteer time with a wide variety of local agencies. If you are elected to a leadership role within your chosen sorority, you will basically be an officer on the board of a small corporation! Sorority life here at Utah State is a safe place for a diverse group of women to come together under common goals and celebrate our growth through learning.
The information below pertains only to Sororities on campus belonging to the National Panhellenic Conference of which Alpha Chi Omega and Kappa Delta are members. For recruitment information regarding Theta Nu Xi, USU’s multicultural sorority, please visit http://www.thetanuxi.org
Sorority recruitment is a great experience. During recruitment you will meet new people on your campus and be exposed to a new opportunity for involvement. Here is some advice to help you through the recruitment process:
- Be yourself.
- Have genuine and honest conversations.
- Spend time really getting to know the members.
- Expose yourself to the chapter experience.
- Get insight into the value of membership.
- Seek accurate information from the college or university.
- Look for the group where you feel most comfortable.
- Keep an open mind.
- Trust the process.
- Have fun.
To guide you through your recruitment process, there will be a team of individuals that will help you find your way and answer any questions you may have
The Panhellenic Recruitment Team
This group of individuals consists of current sorority and staff members of the Student Involvement and Leadership Center. Recruitment Guides (AKA “Rho Gammas”), will help you during your recruitment experience. Even though these women are current members or alumnae of a particular organization, they have chosen not to be in their current chapter house during recruitment. They are available to help you find your place in the Utah State University Greek Community. Each of the participants will be assigned to a Rho Chi at the beginning of Formal Recruitment.
What to Wear
- Open House, House Tours and Philanthropy Night: All of these evening are casual events. All types of clothing are acceptable.
- Preference Party: During the last evening of recruitment, you will visit a maximum of two chapters. This party will last about one hour and will allow you to really get to know the chapter and to make your final choice. Attire is semi-formal. Skirts and dresses are appropriate.
- Bid Day: During this day, you will discover which chapter you will join. Casual attire is appropriate.
(Figures below reflect the 2017-2018 academic year)
Alpha Chi Omega
|New Member Dues||$474.00 first semester of membership|
|Active Member Dues||$606.00 per semester|
|Room & Board||$1,700.00 per semester|
|New Member Dues||$345.00 first semester of membership|
|Average fees for initiated members||$430.00 per semester|
|Room & Board (Includes dinner Mon-Thu + all breakfasts)||$1,725.00 per semester|
|Facility Fee*||$25.00 per semester|
* Required of members who do not live in the house.
Theta Nu Xi
|New Member Fees||$400.00 first semester of membership|
|Active Member Fees||$200.00 per semester|
Amounts are subject to change.